Areas of Expertise:
- Independent Expert Witness
Dr Wilks-Riley specialises both in the assessment of adults in the context of Family Proceedings and Private Law disputes and Criminal proceedings.
She has engaged in this work for approximately 10 years
Dr Wilks-Riley regularly takes instructions from solicitors and Local Authorities. She has appeared in court,
including crown court and at Mental Health Review Tribunals in the capacity of an expert witness or a professional witness.
Dr Wilks-Riley has over 20 years experience of assessing a wide range of forensic and mental health problems by psychological assessments
and by clinical interview. Recent Instructions Include: (please note, this list is not exhaustive)
Family & Criminal:
- Intimate partner violence (an aspect of domestic violence)
- Substance misuse
- Sexual violence
- Personality disorder
- Cognitive functioning
- mental health
- Substance misuse
- Ability to protect a child
- Factitious Disorder
- Provision of psychological assessment and therapy to individuals, complex mental health problems including personality disorder and psychopathy.
- Employment in community, forensic (prison) and forensic mental health settings.
- Conducting therapeutic interventions including cognitive behavioural therapy, EMDR and schema therapy.
- Supervision of Forensic and Clinical Psychologists and other multidisciplinary team members including psychiatrists and psychiatric nurses.
- Training and Consultation to professionals training in treatment programmes also provision and in assessment of personality disorder and psychopathy.
- Design and implementation of service development projects.
- Interviewing and recruitment of staff.
- Treatment lead and group supervisor for sexual violence.
- Treatment lead and group supervisor for cognitive skills programmes.
- Treatment lead and group supervisor for substance misuse.
- Co-author of Inner Strength programme to treat intimate partner violence (a 26 session treatment programme for males and females who have engaged in intimate partner violence) with Dr Graham-Kevan Reader in Forenisc Pscyhology Univirsity of Central Lancashire.
- Co-author of Substance Free Future Programme (a 45 session treatment programme for substance use in adult mental health) with Dr Kathryn Naylor, Forensic Psychiatrist.
- assessment and treatment of young people with harmful sexual behaviour.
- assessment and treatment of young people in tier 4 services.